To provide administrative support to the Recruitment Department of Major Shipyard Facility in Mobile, AL to facilitate the flow and processing of candidates to assist in satisfying recruitment requisitions while adhering to Polices and guidelines.
Duties will include some or all of the following:
- Checking Closed Requisition Files for completeness and accuracy to assure documentation adheres to Austal’s Polices, AAP and OFCCP guidelines, following up with the assigned recruiters to obtain missing or incomplete information.
- Scanning and attaching interview questions and evaluations into candidate profiles in applicant tracking system
- Maintaining spreadsheet of completed Closed Requisition Files for tracking purposes
- Assist with training interview tracking by maintaining filing system, and with hires tracking
- Assist with scheduling candidates for interviews, pre-employment testing, and other follow up by telephone and email correspondence.
- Track and update job openings on career and alumni job boards.
- Daily search for duplicate applications submitted in the applicant tracking system for merging.
- Daily delivery and retrieval of inner office mail
- Handle incoming calls and retrieve messages from the Recruitment phone line.
- Assist Recruitment department with weekly internal job postings
- Backup Recruiters and assist when and where required.
- Add external recruiting agencies, requisition maintenance, preparation of job postings.
- Assist Recruitment department by attending job fairs, assisting with New Hire/ Contractor orientations and other recruiting functions.
- Initial screening of candidate profiles in applicant tracking system, identifying those meeting minimum job description requirements and changing candidate main statuses for further review by recruiter.
- Assist Recruitment Coordinator and Recruiters with scheduling interviews, testing, pre-employment screenings and other scheduling as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent and three years’ experience in a support role in a professional office environment OR bachelor’s degree in human resources.
- Bi-Lingual proficiency with English and Spanish or Vietnamese
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Intermediate skill level in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Ability to multi-task
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Pay is $18 hour – Temp to perm Opportunity.
- Hours 7am to 4pm or 8am to 5pm – Monday thru Friday.