Our client, a national maritime supply and service company, is looking to add a Service Technician to their team. This is an hourly role that spends much time traveling the Southeast, Northeast, and occasionally the West Coast.
Qualified candidates will have experience in a Shipyard Test and Trials environment or may have previously been a Senior / Specialty Shipyard Electrician.
This role is responsible for performing maintenance and repairs of various types of valves and actuators, primarily ballast water servicing. Other duties include:
- Assemble valve / actuator packages
- Perform functional test of all valve / actuator packages
- Troubleshoot and repair various types of valve actuators on site (aboard a vessel)
- Commissioning equipment at customer site
- Communicate warranty issues to manufacturers
- Properly document all job functions / instructions
- Interface and communicate with customers
- Maintain tools and equipment in proper manner
- Emphasize safety while carrying out the job functions
This role carries a high level of travel and will generally work overtime. When not traveling, candidate will be expected to work in one of the facilities located in various port cities around the country (whichever one is closest to your home). Generally, you'll be given 12-48 hours notice regarding travel and will work 10-12 hour days while on the road to complete the job.
Compensation: $30.00/hr – $35.00/hr DOE