FirstFour Staffing is assisting a top client in the New Orleans area with their need for a Marine Engineer.
This role will lead the electrical integration of new vessel construction and vessel service.
- Development of marine electrical projects including cost estimates, schedules, and execution plans
- Implement and analyze electrical power systems design, specify sources and build systems
- Proposal preparation
- Provide onsite project support for client customers, all involved with projects
- Creation of test procedures, preparation of installation instructions, operations manuals, systems and equipment procedures, specs and standards documentation
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Marine Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years experience in maritime engineering, servicing marine electrical systems and equipment.
- Excellent working knowledge of vessel power systems (generation and energy storage systems), distribution gear, electric propulsion, variable speed drives, AC motors, vessel automation, and overall vessel system power design requirements
- Familiar with maritime regulatory requirements and proficient in marine electrical and classification standards and practices – primary propulsion systems, diesel engines, battery and hybrid systems, and auxiliary loads.
- Current TWIC card holder or ability to obtain
- Must be available for overnight travel, and to work occasional nights, and weekends as needed
- PE License is preferred
This Direct Hire opportunity offers an excellent benefits package and a generous performance bonus plan.
Registered PE – $140K to $150K
Non- Registered – $110K to $120K