Our client, a prominent steel manufacturing organization located north of Mobile, is seeking to add a Safety Representative to their team.
- This is an onsite role and cannot be performed from home.
- Please do not apply unless you are local or interested in relocating to the area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in occupational health and safety or a related discipline, or a combination of post-secondary education and related experience
- 2+ years of safety experience in an industrial / manufacturing environment preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong understanding of OSHA, NPFA, ANSI and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential matters
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and displays high degree of ethics and professionalism
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Demonstrates the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Provides support in all aspects of Health and Safety including SAP notifications, permitting, compliance documentation / tracking, and Safety communications
- Leads or assists in completing various internal safety projects
- Documents, analyzes, evaluates, and prepares charts for various safety and health measurables such as monthly man hours, incidents, Safety KPIs, OSHA logs, and other safety related data
- Promotes health and wellness awareness for the entire site for blood drives, health fairs, company safety and health events
- Conducts audits to ensure compliance to safety requirements for the site; works closely with management to develop and implement safety goals for improvement in area of responsibility and tracks progress of same
- Participates and/or leads incident investigations to determine root cause and effective corrective actions
- Provides guidance to management regarding project and equipment design and construction
- Maintains and/or develops safety programs as needed including implementation and training