The ideal candidate will lead the Hot Dip Galvanizing Mill Reliability Engineering team to achieve world class availability, productivity, and quality in collaboration with the operations and maintenance teams to support the business goals.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, a Technical Degree, or a combination of education and experience
- 5+ years demonstrated experience supporting engineering and reliability requirements in a steel mill, or other heavy industrial environment.
- Ability to work with and/or lead people to achieve positive results.
- Experience budgeting and forecasting operating and maintenance costs.
- Experience with planning and scheduling
- Extensive experience with project and process documentation
- Intermediate to proficient skills with Microsoft products; especially Excel and Project
- Ability to lead a team through the following sub-processes:
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA);
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA)
- Predictive Maintenance Technology (PdM)
- Ability to execute all elements of the Process and Product Quality Control Process, including leading a team through the following sub-processes:
- Quality Planning, Quality Control, and Continuous Improvement
- Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional
- Reliability Centered Maintenance experience including Equipment Maintenance Program development preferred.
- World Class Manufacturing practices and program management knowledge preferred.
- Carbon steel cold rolling process knowledge a plus
TRAITS TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to run effective meeting – meeting facilitations.
- Good Benchmarking skills
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect.
- Demonstrate the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001 (current version), IATF 16949 (current version), and ISO 17025 (current version)
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Shares with the Maintenance and Operations leadership team the accountability to ensure that products and manufacturing process is stable, reliable and achieves the Business Units Goals.
- Direct management of reliability engineers: review and provide direction with assigned team members.
- Ensure equipment reliability strategy is in place and aligned with Business Plan; all elements of the Asset Reliability Process are in place.
- Asset Criticality and Standards are in place.
- Equipment Maintenance Programs (EMP) to achieve required goals are developed and implemented.
- Manufacturing Performance Analysis and Performance Management
- Provide reliability services to mill business units and act as a liaison for external reliability support including but not limited to Asset Prioritization, FMEA, RCA, targeted improvement efforts.
- Facilitate/Manage the Root Cause Analysis Process
- Responsible for technical adequacy of the Equipment Maintenance Program including preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Participate in continuous improvement of both Equipment and Product/Process performance, thereby improving the overall Business Unit performance
- Benchmark – Participates in identifying best in class reliability benchmarks, performance gaps and the development of plans to close the gaps
- Participates in the development and execution of the Business Plan
- Provide communication of company policies, notices, conducting oral and written performance reviews and equitable assignment of work to team members
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Office and industrial setting
- Gulf coast region in Calvert, Alabama
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads.