Welder – $22.50 / hr.
Working in the barge repair facility in the New Orleans area, the Welder will support the repair operations of this facility from 7:00am until 5:30pm Monday thru Thursday, and 7:00am until 3:30pm on Friday. Candidates should have 3 years or more experience stick welding in a shipyard environment.
All approved candidates will be required to take and pass a stick welding test in the vertical / overhead position on mild steel with one pass root and cap, no grinder.
Additional duties include:
- Weld components according to blueprints
- Verify components welded meet company tolerances
- Daily setup and equipment for each task
- Grind and finish all welds
- Perform daily maintenance and upkeep to assigned work areas
- Attend and participate in daily safety meetings and promote a safe work environment
- Perform assigned tasks given by shift supervisor