FirstFour Staffing is assisting a construction Engineering Firm with their need for a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
This role will operate as Mechanical Engineer of Record for projects, and lead and delegate assignments to the engineering and design teams.
Mechanical project deliverables and associated engineering analysis and calculations, including:
- Equipment and Pipe sizing, specification, and selection; layout
- Mechanical system analysis (e.g., flow, pipe stress, vibration, pulsation, heat transfer, temperature control, etc.); Generation and documentation of supporting calculations
- Data acquisition to support design functions
- Development of drawing packages that contain mechanical equipment and piping plans and sections, GA drawings,,Piping ISOs, Mechanical BOM, PFDs; P&IDs
- Development of Contractor Scopes of Work and/or Engineering Instructions.
- Develop proposals based on client RFPs
- 10+ years of Mechanical Engineering experience in a construction environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PE registration is required
- Experience with the Autodesk Suite of CAD software packages
- Pipe stress analysis
- Fluid modeling
- Finite Element Analysis
- Familiarity with the API, NFPA, ANSI, and other industry standards
- Ability to travel to project sites which may involve being out of town for multiple days at a time.