Purpose of the position: To develop, implement, and execute strategies to improve complete supply chain performance. Interact with the CSRs and warehouse personnel to provide accurate inventory control. Establish and maintain supplier approval (AVL) strategies that support cost goals, customer alternatives, and improved delivery.
Essential Functions: (must be able to perform these functions, with or without reasonable accommodation).
- Develop a purchasing strategy.
- Review and process purchase orders.
- Maintain record of goods ordered and received.
- Maintain compliance with DLA.
- Negotiate price and contract with suppliers.
- Manage supplier scorecards.
- Maintain Encoder database for mineral content, California Prop 65, COO, etc.
- Build and maintain relationship with vendors.
- Selects prospective vendors and negotiates contracts.
- Evaluate vendors based on quality, timeliness, and price.
- Schedule delivery and ensure timely fulfillment of orders.
- Research and evaluate vendors to compare pricing and services.
- Coordinate with fellow managers to monitor inventory and determine supply needs.
- Ensure quality of procured items and address problems when they arise.
- Keeps up with trends in procurement.
- Travels to vendor locations for (AVL).
- Stay current with purchasing technology trends and oversees purchase and implementation, as necessary.
- Handle customer concerns or issues in a timely professional manner.
- Resolve product or service problems and expedite corrective actions.
- Develop vendors for effective, low-cost packaging materials/concepts.
- Effective inventory management to avoid/limit obsolete or slow-moving materials (SLOB)
- Participate in special projects as requested.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities: (these are required to perform the essential functions of the job).
- Strong command of written and oral communication skills.
- Must have/develop a thorough understanding of our distribution products.
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with co-workers in a team environment and establish relationships with individuals at all levels of the company.
- Must be able to manage difficult individuals and situations.
- Must be able to make independent judgment decisions with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills (ERP functionality, Microsoft)
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 years of supply chain/purchasing experience (hydraulic cylinder product is preferred).
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- SCPC, CSCP, or relevant certification preferred.
- Background check required.
Location: Robertsdale, AL
Compensation: Base salary, potential bonus payout based on attainment of company profitability goals.
Metrics used to evaluate performance:
- On time customer delivery performance.
- Proven reduced reliance on distribution suppliers (Hercules, Steel Supply, etc) as opposed to OEM purchases.
- Gross profit improvements.
- Freight / shipping costs (less NDA for stockable items)
- Inventory turns.
- AVL management (reduction of lost quotes)