Our Production Supervisor is a key part of the Production department and team. This role leads front line Production employees to accomplish production throughput and quality goals in a safe and cost-efficient manner. Our Production Supervisor also manages employee performance and develops employees.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Responsible for scheduling daily and weekly production assignments for front line production team
- Supervise employees who will be moving, cleaning, shelling, sorting, sizing, and packaging peanuts.
- Set and operate shelling equipment
- Proactively monitors and measures production department throughput and quality metrics daily; responsible for coaching, counseling, and managing employees via timely feedback and development
- Maintain detailed and accurate production records. Assist in the training and evaluation of employees assigned to the department. Review operations and implement corrective action for improvements and changes.
- Responsible for labor variance in the department.
- Partners with Health & Safety function to advance production department safety programs and improve employee safety in the workplace
- Serve as the ‘face’ for employees on assigned shift; lead daily team huddles and monthly team meetings to drive team alignment, productivity, and safety
- Serve as the on-site safety representative during emergency situations and when manager is offsite. Responsible for investigating and reporting safety incidents and identifying corrective actions to address safety findings.
- Partner with sanitation function to drive compliance in production department sanitation.
- Assists Plant Manager in developing department-operating budget.
- Uses lean manufacturing processes to drive continuous process improvements in quality, productivity, sanitation, and safety
- Other duties, as assigned
Education And Experience Required:
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent from an accredited institution
- 1+ years leadership or supervisory experience
- 3+ years manufacturing experience
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and extra hours, as needed
Preferred Education, Experience, And Skills:
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Associates degree in maintenance, manufacturing, or related technical field
- Previous experience with implementing behavior-based safety programs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strategic planning skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Physical Requirements: Qualified candidates must be able to perform the following physical job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, and cold manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work in crowded spaces for 4+ hours per shift
- Must be able to bend and crawl for 7+ hours per shift
- Must be able to climb ladders for 4+ hours per shift
- Must be able to stand for 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to walk for 6+ hours per shift
- Must be able to reach and grasp for 6+ hours per shift