FirstFour Staffing has partnered with an international logistics organization that is seeking to add a Payroll Analyst to their team in Mobile, Alabama.
***This is an onsite role that cannot be performed remotely.
The Payroll Analyst will lead all payroll related activities, ADP HRIS related processing and will be responsible for collecting and reporting human resources data.
- Lead all payroll activities including process biweekly payroll, collect and review timesheets, monitor PTO, and submit payroll batches.
- Perform as the human resources liaison, respond to employees questions and inquires promptly.
- Maintain settings and personnel files for taxes, earnings, deductions in payroll system.
- Ensure payroll is accurate, timely and meets all regulations.
- Input and process employee data into ADP, such as new hires, terminations, promotions, and other changes.
- Calculate and pay Federal and State payroll taxes and prepare appropriate reports, including W-2’s.
- Review expense postings and department coding for payroll items monthly; reconcile and adjust as needed.
- Remit payroll related accounts payable (401k, insurances, and garnishments).
- Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Conduct audits of payroll, benefits, or other HR programs and recommend corrective actions.
- Lead the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) using ADP reporting and activities.
- Assist employees with registering for ADP.
- Responsible for completing all I9’s for new hires and maintaining all records ensuring we remain in compliance at all times.
- Initiates VOE requests and distributes checks to employees as required.
- Prepare check requests for vendors.
- File documents electronically and paper files as needed.
- Assist with budget preparation and review HR budget in collaboration with HR Team.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting, or other comparable discipline.
- Certification in SCRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is highly preferred.
- Must be proficient and have experience using ADP
- Able to learn and use KonectUs portable for HR reporting.
- 5+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides the incumbent with the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the job duties.
- 2+ years of payroll and accounting experience required.
NEEDED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Effective oral and written communication skills to communicate credibly and effectively with stakeholders at all levels throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of material with attention to detail.
- Maintaining confidentiality is required.
- Proficient with analytical reasoning and critical thinking skills. The ability to review copious amounts of data, synthesize the data and communicate with stakeholders.
- Strong computer ability to use the following programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing business needs and situations.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; demonstrated success at project management and program implementation.
- Other Ad-hoc projects, analysis, and HR initiatives as required.
- Able to work independently on a broad variety of projects with minimal guidance.
- Lead by fostering an environment of teamwork, comradery, and collaboration.
- Ability to travel to multi-site offices up to 5%