FirstFour Staffing is looking for an experienced Optical Engineer for a top client in the telecommunications industry.
- Facilitate and monitor network redundancy
- DWDM test plans, tunneling, and acceptance criteria
- Proof of concept testing and validation of the network design in the lab/field
- Technical analysis and implementation of new platforms, software and hardware upgrades
- Design transport network involving DWDM and OTN switching, automatic failover, and traffic prioritization
- Problem identification and resolution
- Analyze product and technology strategies and develop solutions.
- Equipment maintenance documentation, procedures, and plans
- Monitor network performance, availability, and utilization
- Adapting and operating at strategic levels of both business and technology
- Service provider IP engineering
- Routing and switching
- Product and technology strategies analyzation
- Identify technology opportunities, create solutions
- Telecom networks design procedures and operations
- Expert level – TCP/IP, DNS, VPN’s, and MPLS.
- Working knowledge -OTN, TDM, and DWDM networking.
- Cisco, Juniper, ALU, Ciena, and TDM Equipment
- Network management tools proficient (Solar Winds, Cacti)
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to work on-call rotations, after hours, and to travel when needed