Marine Production and Scheduling Manager
- Direct all aspects of production including scheduling, material handling and quality
- Manages direct reports, including managers, foreman and supervisors; maintains supervision records, evaluations, disciplinary actions.
- Project Planning; project manning and expense
- Prepare technical work documents and specifications for production work
- Create tactical plans to accomplish strategies and goals
- Ensures compliance with all safety, quality, company and regulatory directives
- Implement and adhere to production costs
- Advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems
- Schedule equipment and personnel
- Material cost estimations; Confirm material supply and demands
- Prepare work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements
- Coordinate all activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.
- Ensuring excellent customer service and performance by subordinates
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and minimum of two (2) years of scheduling experience, or an associate degree with at least six (6) years’ experience
- Excellent managerial skills
- Effective time management skills are a must with ability to monitor numerous projects at once
- Must be detail oriented, organized
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with employee at all levels of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCad
- Able to read and understand ship blueprints.