Our client, a shipyard south of Jacksonville, Florida, is looking for a team of 1st Class Marine Outfitters to join their team for long-term work.
$23.00 + $150.00 daily per diem (if non-local)
Day Shift Schedule:
7:00am – 3:30pm Monday – Friday, 7:00am – noon Saturday (45 hours on 6 days)
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Installs parts, such as hatches, marine hardware, metal trim, seats, cabinets, and windshields on steel or aluminum ships, using hand tools and portable power tools:
- Locates and marks position of hardware, seats, and other parts according to specifications, using rule, template, and marking device.
- Set up a weld machine and tack parts together.
- Cuts or grinds mounting bases or brackets, using portable electric saws and grinders, and bolts or screws them in place.
- Drills holes and bolts hardware, hatches, and other parts in place, using hand tools.
- Applies caulking compound under spray rails, windshields, and around windows, using caulking gun.
- Saws aluminum trim to specified lengths and cements, crimps, screws, or pounds trim into place, using hacksaw, crimping device, adhesives, screwdriver, and mallet.
- Form parts by using a Shear, Brake, Roller and Iron Worker.
- Fabricate duct work using duct forming equipment.
- Inspects completed boat for defects and writes report of appraisal.