Inside Manual Machinist
An Inside Manual Machinist fabricates machine components such as shafts, rudder stockers, stern tubes, etc. PLEASE NOTE: THE MACHINIST FABRICATES STEEL WITH MANUAL METAL MILLS, LATHES AND DRILL PRESSES, NOT CNC MACHINES.
Must have at least 1 year of manual/CNC experience.
Must be able to operate manual mills, lathe, and drill presses.
Able to use measuring tools (dial calipers and micrometers).
Able to read and interpret blueprints, work orders, and work instructions.
- Review the work order requirements and drawings, obtain fixtures and tools for preparation.
- Set up and operate manual lathes/mills to perform a variety of machining operations.
- Use manual tools to drill, tap, polish, lap, debur and degrease.
- Set-up and/or operate various drill presses, punch press involving drilling, taping, reaming, countersinking.
- Fabricate and shape parts out of metal.
- Use jigs and fixtures, block or shim parts to level and align the irregular shaped parts
- Rework quality issues into acceptable standards
- Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition
- Following safety procedures and policies
- $23 – $24 an hour
- Day Shift (Preferred) 7 AM-3:30 PM
- Night Shift (Preferred) 3:30 PM -midnight
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1+ years of machinist (with manual lathe) work experience required.