The Marine Field Service Tech organizes, manages, and performs service jobs including troubleshooting, maintenance, installation, and repair for vessel mechanical and control systems.
Responsibilities include regular inspections and overhauls of reduction gears, controllable pitch propellers, and drives, to include control systems.
- Plan and prepare job scope, order parts, tools, consumables, and materials required for the project
- Perform repairs to manufacturer specifications; accurately document all repairs and time allocated to the project; completing job progress reports
- Provide excellent customer support for troubleshooting and project related issues
- Work in shop to assist with production, repairs, when not traveling to client sites
- Flexibility to support Service Department on-call schedule as required
- Maintain equipment and work area
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, safety procedures and policies, and proper use of tooling (diesel mechanic experience a plus)
- Prior experience troubleshooting mechanical and/or controls a plus; maritime environment experience preferred
- Must be analytical, reliable and be able to work independently or in small teams
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to travel on short notice, including weekends and holidays and work overtime as needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain TWIC and other clearances/certificates as required
- Strong communication skills
Pay: $24.00 – $30.00 per hour – with opportunity for overtime