We are assisting our client in their search for a Controller. The controller will supervise, track and evaluate day-to-day activities. Responsibilities include establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting information, and work closely with our financial management team
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented individual who will oversee the company's financial records and accounting functions. You will be responsible for maintaining all procedures and controls related to the company's financial accounts.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including: month and end-year process, accounts payable/receivable, forecasting & budgeting, general ledger, payroll and utilities as well as cash management.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Provide recommendations
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Meet financial accounting objectives
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or 5 – 7 years of related experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- GAAP knowledge, CPA preferred
- Strong written, verbal and collaboration skills