Construction Materials Testing – Field Technician I
- Good computer, math and science skills
- Valid driver’s license (clean MVR)
- Ability to pass a background check, physical and drug/alcohol test
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Must have a good attitude, attention to detail, and able to get along well with others
- Write required reports legibly and accurately
- Have reliable transportation and be punctual
- At least one year of construction experience preferred
Responsible for field sampling and testing of asphalt, concrete and soils and the field inspection of miscellaneous construction activities such as logging piles, vibration monitoring, etc.
At the end of a one-year period, the technician should hold the following applicable certifications:
a. Nuclear Safety Certification
b. ACI Grade I (Field)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB MAY INCLUDE:
- Push a wheel barrow, loaded with concrete, around a construction site with uneven and rutted ground surface.
- Lift up to 50 lbs to shoulder height
- Climb in/out of the back of a pick-up truck and shallow trenches
- Use shovels and picks for digging and sampling
- Walk and move around formed areas with rebar in-place and various other obstructions, prior to and during concrete placing activities.
- Bend or squat to lift or move around objects on a construction site
- Use various hand tools, such as saws, hammers and wrenches
- Use specialized equipment for various specific tests after training
- $15.00 per hour (lots of OT)