Job Title: Inside Sales
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Strives to meet or exceed sales targets for revenue and margin goals
- Works with outside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer issues and deliveries.
- Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Develops alternative solutions;
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Team Work
- Gives and welcomes feedback;
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication
- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Quality Management
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen
- Understands business implications of decisions;
- Displays orientation to profitability;
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Organizational Support
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment;
- Manages competing demands;
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation;
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction;
- Keeps commitments;
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Innovation
- Uses time efficiently;
- Sets goals and objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk.