Capital Investments Procurement Analyst
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
The ideal candidate will work in a transactional, large volume, deadline-driven procurement environment, advancing the procurement activities of large capital investments and services to meet the business goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Analytics, Engineering, or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Procurement role, to include at least 2 years working with large capital investments
- Strong working knowledge of large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Knowledge of large OEM procurement contracts and the contract management of these contracts. This includes payment terms, performance bonds/irrevocable letters of credit, liquidated and actual damage clauses and international shipping and logistics terms.
- Knowledge of the procurement lifecycle, negotiations, and the contract management of Construction Service contracts. This should include EPCM, EPC, Engineering Services and General Contractor contracts. This experience should also include Time & Material, Cost Reimbursable and Fixed Fee / Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) contracts.
- Knowledge of the procurement lifecycle, negotiations, and the contract management of Construction Permanent Plant Materials (PPM) contracts. This experience should include electrical, mechanical, piping, structural steel and concrete / reinforcing bar contracts. Knowledge and experience should include domestic and international suppliers; with a focus on US based suppliers where possible.
- Excellent communication skills, including reporting on Procurement progress to C-Level executives as part of the Project Reporting Process.
- Proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Market and industry research/analysis techniques
- Strategic sourcing best practices
- Understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Project Management
- Steel experience preferred.
- Proficient understanding of and ability to read legal contracts.
- Experience with working on large Capital Projects, specifically in the Metals or Heavy Industrial space.
TRAITS TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills; demonstrates a deep level of detail as it relates to contracts and procurement activities.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to move the project forward, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Detailed orientated while still maintain a strategic or big picture focus.
- Ability to interpret and apply understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
- Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently
- Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies
- Identifies the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Evaluate, qualify, and accurately select suppliers in terms of quality, service, cost and capability
- Prepare, negotiate, execute, manage and coordinate agreements for assigned commodities and/or services
- Ensure plant needs and requirements are met while maintaining strong communication lines and high level of
- customer service with internal customers and suppliers
- Develop cost reduction strategies and identify non value-added activities related to categories; Present and
- implement cost-savings ideas and opportunities
- Research assigned markets and understand the associated processes, knowledge of potential suppliers, and
- their capabilities
- Process a high volume of requisitions from multiple areas for assigned categories
- Assist in obtaining quotes, analyzing bids, and issuing purchase orders and expedites
- Collaborate with departments for problem resolution, such as invoice discrepancies, non-conforming material, and proof of delivery
- Work with various Procurement team members to ensure that the Project receives the best value, with the least risk on each contract.
- Effectively manage outside or contract Procurement and Contract resources assigned to the team.
- Gathering data for reports and organizing the complex information for ease of communications
- Interface with all Project Team members, EPCM members and OEMs to ensure accurate and complete understanding of all project documents, standards and contracts
- Demonstrates the company values of Safety, Teamwork, Accountability, Relationships, and Sustainability