The Building Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the building’s systems are operating properly and the grounds and surrounding areas are maintained in a safe, secure and clean manner at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is responsible for repairing and maintaining the physical structures and systems of the office building.
- Responds to common maintenance problems quickly and restores them to the proper condition.
- Coordinates building operations at the direction of and in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
- Directs and supervises maintenance staff at the direction of and in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
- Is responsible for repairs, woodwork projects and sheetrock work as required.
- Addresses and resolves electrical repairs.
- Address and resolves plumbing repairs.
- Addresses and resolves heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration repairs.
- Replaces lights.
- Repairs office furniture.
- Paints as needed.
- Is responsible for obtaining estimates for repairs and maintenance.
- Is responsible for the economical use of supplies and equipment.
- Knows and follows OSHA regulations.
- Is responsible for knowing the work schedule, observing work hours and maintaining a good attendance record. (See attached attendance and punctuality requirements.)
- Attends in-service programs as directed or required.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, supervisors and the public. Exemplifies the Company’s Five Star Program.
- Follows all corporate and departmental policies and procedures and complies with the Employee Handbook.
- Performs other tasks as needed or directed.